Monday 14 March 2011

Janey Loves....Udo's choice


I'm guessing you've hear of the importance of Essential Fatty Acids and they are exactly that - essential ! People often ask me what supplements I take regularly and efa's are at the top of the list, in fact I did an Omega levels test (with http://www.idealomegatest.com/) and the results gave me a bit of a shock, despite the fact that I have a pretty good diet I was only showing about 30 per cent omega 3 when the optimum level is 70 per cent ! Of course stress, coffee, alcohol etc can deplete your levels (and you KNOW I can be queen of stress and I'm imperfectly natural so partial to a cappucino and a glass of wine !) so I realised I needed to up my levels.


When it comes the efas the balance is all important and thats why Udo's choice oil is great cos its exact blend of omega 3, 6 and 9 thats needed for optimum health and wellbeing, (a ratio of 2 1 1 omega 3 6 9) I didn't fancy fish oils so this organic and vegetarian oil is perfect, its a blend of flax, sesame and sunflower seed oils as well as oils from evening primrose, rice germ, oat germ and coconut. of course you don't cook with it but I put it on salads and add a decent tablespoon full to smoothies.


You can also get capsules if you prefer but I just make sure I've got a bottle of the oil in the fridge. I'm sure my skin is looking better and my hair a bit silkier since using it. Go to http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/ and you can buy it at my store also if you're shopping for other stuff !


They've also just brought out a herbal tea Flor-essence so gonna be trialling that...watch this space.