Tuesday 8 February 2011

Janey Loves....Water Dechlorination shower filter

At so many of the events I speak at across the UK I meet people who tell me they've read my books, ditched the chemicals in their personal care products and in their home and yet they still have irritated skin or eczema. After all the usual suspects have been ruled out (dairy intolerance etc) it often comes down to the water they're bathing in. Its so easy to forget that in the UK our water is very hard and heavily chlorinated and we all know that chlorine is incredibly drying to the skin. (you know how you feel and smell just after swimming in a chlorinated pool even after showering !)

The answer my friend is hanging from a tap near you ! The first time I sampled the dechlorination bath ball I thought it didn't' work, I could still smell chlorine....until my husband told me he had forgot to use it when he ran the bath ! Now I never bathe without it, it softens the water and removes 100 per cent of the chlorine. The shower filter fits onto most shower attachments and cos its transparent you can see when it needs replacing cos the crystals change colour. My bath ball lasts me at least a year (and no I'm not too mucky...I bath the kids too !) and the shower filter even longer so they're great value.

Grab them in the store at http://www.janeyleegrace.com/